Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts about infrastructure last week. Of the 15 infrastructure options provided, roads and bridges, drinking water and wastewater infrastructure, and transit were the top 3 selections. Additionally, corporate taxes were selected as the top option to pay for infrastructure projects. See full results below.
Question 1: Infrastructure is defined as the basic systems, facilities, and services that are needed for a society to function properly. What does your definition of infrastructure include?
Question 2: How should infrastructure be paid for?
Bipartisan Infrastructure Framework
Last week President Biden announced his support for the Bipartisan Infrastructure Framework.
- This package proposes $579 billion in new infrastructure spending
- $109 billion for roads and bridges
- $55 billion for water infrastructure
- $65 billion for broadband
- $47 billion for resilience
- For a full breakdown check out the fact sheet the White House released here.