Today, the White House released a new Permitting Action Plan. The Action Plan outlines the Administration’s strategy for accelerating federal permitting and environmental reviews of infrastructure projects.
The five key elements of the plan are:
- Accelerating smart permitting through early cross-agency coordination
- Establishing clear timeline goals and tracking key project information
- Engaging in early and meaningful outreach with states, tribal nations, territories, and local communities
- Improving agency responsiveness, technical assistance, and support
- Using agency resources and environmental reviews to improve impact
To read the full Action Plan, click here.
Join Infrastructure LA for a virtual conversation about the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, what it means for Los Angeles County, and how we can collaborate to build a safer, more resilient, and equitable Los Angeles County.
Date: Wednesday, May 18, 2022
Time: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM PST
The U.S. Department of Transportation will host a webinar on the Reconnecting Communities Pilot Discretionary Grant Program for potential applicants.
Date: Thursday, May 19, 2022
Time: 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM EDT
Notices of Funding Opportunities (NOFOs) are expected to be released this summer.